- 1 pkg of crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 tsp of precrushed and minced garlic (or 2 cloves)
- 1 wedge of herb and garlic laughing cow light cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Wash mushrooms and carefully remove stems. Finely chop stems.
- Place mushroom caps, cap up whole down on a plate. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Press the liquid out of the mushrooms with a paper towel. Set aside. (You can do this in the skillet too, but you might need to use more EVOO.)
- In a skillet, sauté the mushroom stems, spinach, onion and garlic in a little oil until the mushrooms are cooked down and the onion is translucent.
- Mix the spinach mixture with the laughing cow cheese wedge. Stuff mushrooms. Bake for about 10 mins on 375 or nuke in the microwave if you are bringing them in your lunch.
These are really, really good! I was inspired by a recipe in my South Beach Diet book, that didn't include the cheese, but it is a nice addition of protein that gives a good flavour and consistency. They are also super healthy and a very tasty way to get in lots of vegetables!