- 1lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 c. mango chutney
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, shredded (or greens of your choice)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Asian toasted sesame ginger dressing
- Optional topping: chow mein noodles
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces. In a ziplock bag, toss chicken in seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick skillet. Brown chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the chicken is almost cooked, just a tiny bit pink in the center.
- Add the mango chutney and toss the chicken until coated. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about another minute or two.
- Meanwhile, make up the salad of shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced mushrooms, chopped green onion and shredded carrots.
- Let the chicken cool a little. Top the salad with the chicken, asisan toasted sesame dressing and crushed chow mein noodles (optional).
This almost felt like a restaurant main course salad that would be really bad for you, it was so good! Next time, for a change, I might try tossing the chicken in sweet chili sauce and adding some mandarin oranges. Definitely a make again!