Source: Me, inspired by a local restaurant
Makes: 4 individual pizzas
- 4 Mother Nature's whole wheat pita's (or other crust)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 c. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided in 4
- 4 tsp minced garlic, divided in 4
- Bleu cheese, to taste
- 1/2 c. shredded mozza cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Brush each pita with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic.
- In a sautee pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil. Add onion and sautee, stiring continuously until it starts to brown and is soft and translucent. Add balsamic vinegar and continue cooking and stiring until the vinegar any extra liquid is cooked off. Divide equally between the pizzas.
- In the same sautee pan, cook the mushrooms in 1 tsp of oil until the release their liquid and brown a little. Divine equally between the pizzas.
- In the same sautee pan, cook the pear slices in 1 tsp of olive oil until they soften and brown slightly. Divide equally between the pizzas.
- Crumbled the bleu cheese onto the pizzas. Top with the mozza.
- Bake at 450 F for 5-7 minutes (if your crust is pre-cooked).
- Optional: drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.
This is my favorite pizza at a local restaurant and I have been dying to recreate it. This was delicious! The combination of flavours is amazing and you don't even miss traditional pizza sauce. I paired this with a spinach salad.
Another favorite pizza is carmelized onion in balsamic, turkey sausage, sliced apple and mushrooms, topped with cheddar.