- 1 large or 2 smaller sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 c. Kale, removed from stalks and chopped (this seems like a lot, but it really shrinks!)
- 1 tbsp of fresh garlic (or 1 tsp of garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicey)
- salt and pepper
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (with mexican or international food at grocery store)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion for garnish
- Tortillas (5-8, depending on how much filling you use)
- Cook and mash sweet potatoes.
- In a skillet, soften the onion.
- Add black beans and seasoning, stirring to coat. Heat black beans through.
- Add kale about two cups at a time and fold it in. It will wilt as you do this.
- Spray a pan. Pour a little enchilada sauce into the bottom and swirl it around until the bottom is coated.
- Put a little bit of shredded cheddar and a scoop of filling in a tortilla, fold it up and place in the pan.
- When the tortillas are all rolled up an in the pan, pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with more cheese and the green onion.
- Bake for 25 mins at 350 covered in foil. Remove foil and bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, salsa and/or guac.
My husband was skeptical of these, but OH WOW. They are seriously delicious. They feel sinful, but with low carb wraps, they are really quite healthy and diet friendly. My parents are pretty meat-and-potatoes type folks and even they really enjoyed them.
Serve with a side salad or some spanish rice for a complete meal.