This is a great dish from a restaurant in town. The combination sounds strange, but I promise you, it is DELICIOUS! Savoury and sweet all at once. I use whatever veggies we have on hand, but peppers, shredded carrots and onions are usually in it. You could add zucchini, mushrooms, water chestnuts, etc...
- 1 package of pasta cook, slightly undercooked (I use penne noodles, but linguine is good too)
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly under cooked, cut into strips or bite sized pieces
- 1 c. cream (I used milk and it tastes the same!)
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed (1 tbsp of jarred garlic)
- Sliced peppers (I use 3 of different colors)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional, add if you like is spicy :)
- 3 green onions, chopped
1. Cut chicken into pieces. Cook until outside is browned, but slightly pink in the centre. Set aside. I ususally grill it, but you can boil, bake or fry too.
2. Put pasta on to boil, you will add it to the sauce at the end, so try to time it accordingly.
3. In a large skillet, cook vegetables in oil and garlic until they are starting to soften. Add chicken back in skillet.
4. Sprinkle sugar or splenda over veggies and chicken. Cook for 3 mins.
5. Pour maple syrup over it, mix and let it cook for 3-5 mins, or until slightly caramelized.
6. Add curry paste and milk/cream. Simmer for 10-15 mins.
7. Strain pasta and add curry from skillet. Cook on low heat for about 5 mins covered, stirring regularly so the pasta cooks up some of the sauce. To be flavourful, this should be quite saucy, almost runny.
8. Top with chopped green onion.
**The leftovers are almost better then it is fresh, because the pasta absorbs so much sauce. YUM!