I haven't posted in ages, but I am going to get back at it! I need to start cooking at least one new thing a week. Some of my posts from now on, might not be Sunday Supper recipes, but just new recipes I have tried lately.
THAI TURKEY BURGERS
I had these at a popular restaurant here in town and they were so delicious, I decided to recreate them on my own! So, the source is ME for once!
- 1lb ground turkey (chicken works too!)
- 1 tbps peanut butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs (start with this much and add until you get the right consistency
- Pineapple, sliced
- sweet chili sauce
- red onion, sliced
- green pepper, sliced
1. Combine first 6 ingredients and form burgers. Grill burgers and pineapple slices.
2. Put onion and green pepper in a greased foil packet and grill.
3. Make burger out of turkey, topped with grilled pineapple, onion, green pepper and sweet chili sauce.
I had some leftover pineapple, so I chopped it up and added it to a salad of spinach, peppers, goat cheese and homemade balsamic vinegrette. For the vinegrette, I just combined equal parts of EVOO and balsamic and added a little garlic and pepper.