Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thai Turkey Burgers

I haven't posted in ages, but I am going to get back at it! I need to start cooking at least one new thing a week. Some of my posts from now on, might not be Sunday Supper recipes, but just new recipes I have tried lately.

THAI TURKEY BURGERS

I had these at a popular restaurant here in town and they were so delicious, I decided to recreate them on my own! So, the source is ME for once!

Ingredients:

  • 1lb ground turkey (chicken works too!)
  • 1 tbps peanut butter
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • pepper
  • 1/2 c. bread crumbs (start with this much and add until you get the right consistency
  • Pineapple, sliced
  • sweet chili sauce
  • buns
  • red onion, sliced
  • green pepper, sliced

Directions:

1. Combine first 6 ingredients and form burgers. Grill burgers and pineapple slices.
2. Put onion and green pepper in a greased foil packet and grill.
3. Make burger out of turkey, topped with grilled pineapple, onion, green pepper and sweet chili sauce.

Side Salad:

I had some leftover pineapple, so I chopped it up and added it to a salad of spinach, peppers, goat cheese and homemade balsamic vinegrette. For the vinegrette, I just combined equal parts of EVOO and balsamic and added a little garlic and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment