- Portobellow mushroom caps
- Red onion
- Goat cheese
- Olive oil
1. Sauté red onion in a little EVOO and garlic, until soft. Add spinach and wilt.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Brush with EVOO/garlic/parsley mixture. Place mushrooms on grill, cap (top) up. Grill for 5-10 mins, until underside is soft. Remove from grill and pat off liquid.
3. Stuff with onion/spinach mixture. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
4. Put back on grill until goat cheese is melted and mushroom is cooked through.
First of all, how the heck do you spell this kind of mushrooms? Portobellos? Portabellas? Whatever. Ok, I have read a few recipes involving portobellows, but was too lazy to go look them up, so I just made this up using what we had in the fridge. Oh. My. Goodness. these suckers were goooood. Everyone gave them rave reviews. We had them with steaks and grilled artichoke. I could totally imagine serving them as an appetizer, drizzled with reduced balsamic.