CHICKEN LO MEIN
I have made this a few times for Sunday Supper and while people were initially skeptical, it was a huge hit! The inspiration for this recipe is a kraft recipe, but as usual, I have made some modifications.
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 c. Kraft asian toasted seasame dressing
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 cloves of garlic
Sliced veggies (I would suggest green and red pepper, an onion, mushrooms and shredded carrots)
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh green onion, chopped
1. Prepare rice noodles as directed on the package. With rice noodles, this usually just involves soaking them in boiling water for about 7 mins. Slightly under cook them, because you will add them to the skillet at the end and they will suck up the delicious lo mein sauce. You don't want them to be mushy!
2. Heat dressing in a large skillet. Add chicken and garlic. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
3. Add chopped veggies, broth and peanut butter. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
4. Add cooked rice noodles and soy sauce. Mix it all up. Stir-fry a few minutes longer so the noodles can absorb some of the sauce. If you like it spicy, add some red pepper flakes.
5. Serve topped with fresh cilantro and green onion.