- 1 pound sausage (I used honey garlic, but I can't wait to try it with chicken sausage!)
- 1 large, or 2 small apples, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (I used about a cup of shredded)
- 3 cups already cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
1. Brown the sausages in a skillet on the stovetop and drain, if they are uncooked.
2. Dump everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 5-7 hrs, until heated through and vegetables are softened.
I made this quite a while ago and had been meaning to post about it. My parents were so skeptical but were very pleasantly surprised. This stuff is delicious! The perfect combination of sweet and savoury. You could also do this bad boy in the oven on lower heat, until heated through and vegetables are softened. A perfect fall supper!