Source: Better Homes and Gardens, New Baking Book
These suckers are AMAZING. I usually double the recipe when making for a crowd. Serve warm with icecream, chocolate sauce, crushed nuts and a little whipped cream. Seriously, restaurant quality! I can't say enough about their deliciousness.
- 1/2 c. buter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Grease a 9x9x2 pan, set aside. In a saucepan, heat butter until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the sugar and eggs. Using a wooden spoon, lighly beat mixture just until combined. Stir in the flour. Remove 3/4 c. of the batter and set aside.
2. Stir the melted unsweetened chocolate into the remaining batter in the saucepan. Spread the chocolate batter in the prepared pan. Set aside.
3. Stir peanut butter into the reserved 3/4 c. batter. Dot the peanut butten atop the chocolate batter. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Using a knife, swirl the batter.
4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until the brownies appear set on the surface. Do not overbake. Cool the brownies in the pan. Cut into squares.