- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" square pieces
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into pieces. Slice onion. Put potatoes, onion and spinach in a bowl. Toss.
2. Mix the olive oil and all the spices. Pour over the sweet potato mixture. Toss to coat.
3. Use a store-bought foil packet or make one out of tin foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Fill with mixture and make into a fairly thin, rectangular packet.
4. Grill for 20-30 mins. Flip it a couple of times.
I had made sweet potato fries in the oven using the spice mixture before, but the rest was my own creation. I wasn't sure how the spinach would be with the rest, but it was DELICIOUS. My parents were skeptical, but they gobbled it up.