- 2 potatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. fat free or low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 c. green onion or chives (+ a little extra for garnish)
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt
- Shredded cheddar
- Bacon bits
- Bake potatoes in either the microwave or the oven. Peel.
- Break the cauliflower into flourets. In a large pot, steam the cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is steamed, discard the water and add the peeled potato, chicken broth and milk. Boil for 3-5 mins.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smoth.
- Stir in sour cream, chives/green onion and salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar, bacon bits and additional chives or green onions.
This was sooooo easy and made for a really tasty lunch! You can taste the cauliflower a little bit, but I love mashed cauliflower, so it didn't bother me at all. Without the cheese and bacon garnish, this would be a little bland, so make sure you have those on hand to spice this soup up.