Source: Modified substantially from a Kraft recipe
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled or baked and diced
- 1.5 c. shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/2 c. red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. green onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 c. shredded low fat cheddar
- 1/3 c. fat free ranch salad dressing
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 8 tortillas (I used weight watchers whole wheat tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.* Grease a large rectangular baking dish (like a lasagna pan).
- Combine all of the ingredients up to the tortillas.
- Put 1/8th of the chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish. When tortillas are all rolled, spray the top with a little cooking spray or brush with EVOO.
- Bake* for 15 minutes. Serve with salsa.
*You can grill these, but need to tuck the ends in to make a pouch.
These sounded SO strange to me, like some sort of demented enchilada. I had a hard time grasping the concept of the cabbage and the combination of ranch with the seasoning. I was wrong to question, because these things are DELICIOUS! They are also a dieters dream at about 200 cals and 4 grams of fat per stuffed tortilla! (nutrional info varies, depending on brand of tortilla and cheese) They are definitely going into the regular rotation.