- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 small carrots, grated
- 1/4 c. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12 muffin tin.
- Mash bananas and grate carrots. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and brown sugar, until fluffy.
- Beat in an egg.
- Just mix in milk and banana.
- In thirds, add flour mixture until just mixed in.
- Hand stir in in the carrots.
- Divide equally in the muffin tin to make 12 muffins. Bake at 350 F for about 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
**Do not over mix! That's the key to nice muffins :)
These were very good and quite healthy for baked goods! They are about 160 cals, 3.5 grams of fat and 4 grams of fiber per muffin. You could add nuts, coconut or raisins too.
I think these will make a great pre-gym snack or a quick breakfast with a piece of fruit.