- 3 lbs stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. beef broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1.5 pkgs of egg noodles
- 1 c. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Place meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in slow cooker. Add broth, paprika and salt. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
2. Mix sour cream, flour and mustard. Add to meat micture and stir in. Cook on low for additional 15-30 mins. Cook noodles. Drain noodles and add to meat mixture in crook pot. Stir in parsley. Serve.
Comments: This was good. Nothing ground breaking and maybe a litle bland, but a solid beef stroganoff recipe. I had only ever eaten it made with ground beef, so the stew meat was a nice change. A couple of people who don't ordinarily even like stroganoff thought this was OK.
- 1 large bag of frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 bag of pre-cut carrot waffers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream soup (I used celery)
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. parm cheese
- 1 egg
- Optional: crushed cheezits or ritz crackers
1. Mix it all up and top with crackers. Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins.
Comments: This was a very good veggie side. I used reduced fat soup, mayo and parm to make it a little more calorie friendly. I didn't pre-cook the carrots, so they were quite crisp. If you like them softer, cook them a little first.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 oreo crust OR 1 1/2 c. crumbled oreos and butter to make crust
- 2 pkgs of cream cheese
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. cool whip, divided
- 2 milk chocolate bars, chopped, divided
1. Mix crumbs and butter, press in pan, or be lazy like me and use a pre-made crust :)
2. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Stir in 1/2 of the cool whip. Stir in 1/2 chopped chocolate. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 3 hrs.
3. Microwave remaining cool whip and chocolate. Pour over cake. Refrigerate.
Comments: This was AMAZING! I used reduced fat cream cheese and fat free cool whip to try to bring the cals down a little. I will definitely be making this again!
Coconut Cream Pie
- Graham cracker crust
- 2 boxes of vanilla pudding
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. coconut
- 2 c. cool whip, divided.
1. With a wisk, beat pudding and milk for 2 mins. Stir in 1 c. cool whip. Stir in 3/4 c. of cool whip. Pour into pie crust.
2. Refrigerate for 3 hrs. Top with remaining cool whip and coconut.
Comments: This tasted like real, restaurant pie! I was impressed. I even toasted the coconut for the top. Definitely a make again. Very easy!