Wednesday, July 9, 2014

(Pin)Spiration Furniture Rehab


The husband and I are finally moving into our very own house!  With a yard!  We couldn't close on the house for several months, so we are staying with my parents this summer to fill the gap.  I can't wait to get started on the house and have the decorating itch in a bad way.  Until I can get my hands on the house, I decided to work away at some furniture rehab to help satisfy the urge.

These end tables look antique, but they were actually a newer hand-me-down from my Mom.  I wish I had a before photo, but they were basically medium toned wood with a bunch of water marks on the top.

This was a really easy project! After removing the hardware and taping off the drawers, I scuffed them on with some medium grain sandpaper and cleaned the dust off.  Next, it was Krylon to the rescue!  I applied a coat of grey primer, followed by a couple of coats of Blue Ocean Breeze.  I am going to let the paint cure for 48 hours before I reattached the hardware and move them.

I have gone back and forth on whether to distress the tables and what to do with the hardware.  Now that I see the finished product, I am happy with the finish as is and plan to leave the hardware too.  Once we are in the new place, I will post the finished product in our living room.
  




This is a little preview of another ongoing project.  This old coffee table will be transformed into an upholstered bench with the striped fabric.  Stay tuned for more on this project... 





No comments:

Post a Comment