**Warning: This sounds like a bizarre and disgusting recipe, but I can assure you that it is DELISH. I would not lead you astray.
- 1lbs of ground chicken or turkey, browned (you can use hamburger, I am just trying to keep it "light")
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 pkg mushrooms
- 1 small can of corn
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning
- 1 can of Pilsbury buscuits
- 1 pkg of Kraft Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 370. Brown the ground chicken/turkey. Put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Cook the peppers, onion and mushrooms in the pan until the onion is slightly browned and the peppers and tender. Add to mixing bowl.
3. Mix up beef, veggies, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Remove the buscuits from the can and quarter each biscuit. Mix them in the enchilada mixture until they are coated in sauce.
4. Pour the whole mixture into a large greased pan, like a lasagna pan. Try to make sure the buscuits are somewhat evenly distributed around the pan. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add cheese to the top. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked.
5. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until it cools and settles a bit. Serve with low fat sour cream.
Comments: As I mentionned earlier, this dish sounded somewhat gross and the appearance was questionable. However, it is so very delicious, even the skeptics devoured it. You could mix it up the night before and just add the biscuits and pour it into the pan when you got home, to speed things up a bit.