- Ground chicken or turkey (you can use beef, I'm just trying to keep things light)
- Turkey pepperoni (I used a package of butterball brand)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 small can pizza sauce
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes, liquid drained
- Italian seasoning (1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning)
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 c. Kraft 4 cheese Italian blend (skim)
1. Grease a lasagna pan (large rectangular) and turn over to 375 F.
2. Brown ground meat and put it in a large mixing bowl. Soften onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic and add to the mixing bowl.
3. In the mixing bowl, combine ground meat, vegetables, sauces and seasoning.
4. Remove biscuits from the tube and quarter them. Stir into mixture. Pour into pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until biscuits are puffy and start to brown. Cover the top in cheese and bake for 10 more minutes. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken a bit. Cut and serve!
I made the enchilada version of this a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious, so I thought I would give the pizza version a try. It did not disappoint! Again, the presentation certainly wasn't great, but the taste made up for it. It is quite time consuming to make all at once. I really should make it all up the night before and when I get home, just add the biscuits and bake.