Source: Company's Coming 30 Minutes Weekday Meals
- Lamb chops (I used 8 small but thick)
- 1/4 c. flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large carrots finely sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1 c. dry red wine
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh group pepper
1. Dredge lamb in flour. Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook lamb for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to the skillet. Cook onion and carrot in the skillet until the onion is browned and the carrot is becoming tender.
3. Add broth, wine, pepper and rosemary. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Add lamb, coating in sauce. Cook for 3-5 more minutes on each side, until lamb is cooked.
5. Serve the vegetables and sauce over mashed potatoes.
Side dish: I served this with brussel sprouts. I normally don't love brussel sprouts, but I tossed them in 1 tsp of butter, 1 tsp of honey and a squirt of lemon juice. They were AMAZING!
Comments: This was really good and quick for a weeknight. I cut up the vegetables while the lamb was searing and steamed the brussel sprouts over the boiling potatoes to save time and dishes. My lamb chops were really thick, so they took a bit longer to cook, even to medium doneness (is that a word?) They stayed moist though, since they were cooking in liquid.
Definitely a make-again!