Orange Ginger Pork
- 4 large pork chops or 8 small
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp corn startch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger, chopped
- 1/4 c. green onion, chopped
1. Put a little oil in a large skillet. Cook pork on each side for two minutes, to brown. Set aside.
2. Whisk together orange juice, chicken broth, corn starch and brown sugar. Bring to a boil in the skillet. Add mandarin orange and pickled ginger. Stir gentle.
3. Add pork chops and cook in the sauce, turning every couple of minutes until pork chops are cooked and the sauce thickens.
4. Serve garnished with chopped green onion.
While the pork is cooking, prepare jasmine rice. Use the leftover mandarin orange juice, chicken broth and water to make up the liquid. Once rice is ready, mix in some chopped green onion, fresh or dried cilantro and a little chopped pickled ginger.
Mix shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, chopped green onion, garlic, cumin, pickled ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar and a couple of squirts of lime. Or, mix up the veggies with Newman's Asian Ginger Vinegrette.
This was a super fast, delicious and healthy supper. It was ready in under thirty minutes. If I had done the chopping the night before, I think it could have been ready in about 15 minutes! The flavours were all really fresh and the orange sauce from the pork was delicious poured over the pork. I cut up my pork and mixed it all together for my lunch today and can't wait to eat the leftovers.