Serves: 4 (BIG servings!)
Nutritional Information: 466 calories, 6.5g fat, 3g fiber, 34g protein
- 300g of penne or rigatoni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pkg of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz of shrimp (about 48 medium shrimp)
- 4 c. spinach
- 3/4 c. crushed tomatoes (or marinara sauce if you don't want to season)
- 1/3 c. fat-free Greek yogurt (I like Liberté Plain Greek Yogurt 0%)
- 1 tbsp Litehouse freeze-dried Italian Herb Blend
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta to slightly al dente. Drain and set aside. As the pasta is cooking, prep the veggies and shrimp.
- Heat the olive oil on medium in a very large skillet or wok. Cook the garlic and onion until they are soft.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the mushrooms, red pepper and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquids.
- Add the shrimp and cook for around 2 minutes, until the shrimp are pink.
- Remove the skillet from the burner. Spread the spinach over the top and place the lid on the skillet. Let it sit for around 2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- While the spinach is wilting, mix up the tomato sauce, Greek yogurt and Italian seasoning.
- Return the skillet to low heat. Toss in the pasta and let it cook for a few moments, allowing it to release some of the sugars. Add the sauce and mix it in. Let the pasta cook up the sauce for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pasta is tender.
- Served topped with the parm cheese.