Monday, April 30, 2012

Homemade Pizza

Last night, I busted out the good old KitchenAid and endeavoured homemade pizza crust.  This is normally my husbands domain, but I thought I would give it a try.

I used the recipe from the KitchenAid mixer recipe book.  Although anything involving yeast scares me, this was actually super easy and turned out really well.  I only took a "before" baking photo, but I can assure you it was all cheesy and bubbly and amazing after baking.


Instead of typing out the whole recipe and instructions, I thought I would just post the link and then tell you how I modified it and what I used for toppings.

CRUST RECIPE

Modifications:
  • I used an equal mix of white and whole wheat flour.
  • I baked it on the pizza stone.  I heated the stone up, spread cornmeal all over the stone and then spread the dough on the stone.
  • I baked just the crust on the stone for 7-10 minutes, then added the toppings and baked for an additional 10 minutes.
Toppings:

I was going for sort of a tuscany vibe, but whilst still cleaning out the fridge a bit in the process.
  • Homemade pizza sauce
    • 1 tiny can of tomato paste
    • 1 medium can of tomato sauce
    • 1 tbsp honey
    • Costco Tuscan Seasoning
  • Red onion, sliced
  • Red pepper, sliced
  • Mushrooms, sliced
  • Pastrami, diced
  • Tomato slices
  • Fresh basil
  • Fresh mozza, sliced
  • Fresh parm

No comments:

Post a Comment