Monday, April 16, 2012

Whatcha got cookin'? (April 13-19)

Friday: Honey soy glazed pork, wild rice, roasted red pepper, mushroom and onion
Saturday: Honey soy glazed salmon, wild rice, roasted green beans, red pepper and mushrooms
Sunday: Boar sausage on a bun topped with caramelized onion and mushroom, spinach salad (spinach, red onion, mushroom, strawberries and feta)
Monday: Steak sandwiches and salad
Tuesday: Sweet potato carrot soup, grilled pastrami sandwiches
Wednesday: Pulled pork, coleslaw
Thursday: Omelette's and toast





I am kind of writing this post mid-stream, but that's OK because it means I get to post some photos too!
The honey soy glaze recipe I tried out was really good and I had enough to use it again on Saturday for the salmon. It is a really versatile sauce that would go well on almost any meat. And, I used the leftover salmon for a brunch omelette on Sunday morning!


Honey-Soy Glaze



  • 2 tbsp soy sauce

  • 1 tbsp honey

  • 2 tbsp Asian sesame salad dressing

  • 1 tbsp fresh crushed garlic

  • 1 tsp ginger

  • S&P

I doubled this badboy, because I did the pork in the crock-pot, then used the remained for the salmon.


Real Food Connections Kitchen Basket


Milk, eggs, bread, raw-milk Cajun Gouda
Broccoli sprouts, sprouted beans, mushrooms, onions, shallots, cabbage, granola, frozen strawberries, apples

No comments:

Post a Comment