In the meantime, I have been making omelette's and breakfast skillet's the night before that I can heat up when I get to work. The Mexican Breakfast Skillet is extremely filling and from running it through MyFitnessPal, I can see that it is quite low-calorie as well!
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- Red onion to taste, diced
- 1 large mushroom, diced
- 1/4 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large raw shrimp, tail off and cut into 3
- Mexican seasoning (I used Kirkland Sweet Mesquite)
- 1 egg, 2 egg whites and a dash of milk, beaten
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar (1/2 oz.)
- Green onion
- Sautée veggies, black beans and shrimp in the mexican seasoning until the veggies are softened and the shrimp is cooked and most of the liquid released is cooked off.
- Add the eggs and scramble.
- Top with shredded cheddar, salsa and green onions.