Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad (in a mixing bowl)

Do you eat your salad in a mixing bowl?  In case you haven't noticed from previous posts, I am a volume eater.  I like to cram all of my food full of veggies so that I can eat the largest quantity possible.

This is recipe is definitely a keeper.  My husband loved it too and this says a lot, as he was formerly part of the "you don't make friends with salad" camp.


P.S.  I seriously need to STOP taking photos with my broken phone!
Makes:  4 large bowls of salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 heads/stalks of romain lettuce, chopped
  • 1/4 red onion, sliced
  • 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
  • 2 c. mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 can sweet corn, drained
  • 3 green onion stalks, chopped
  • 4 oz lite havarti (or jack), shredded
  • 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped (or cook and shred your own breasts)
  • 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
  • 1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
  • 4-8 tbps of ranch (depends how ranchy you like it)
  • Optional:  tortilla chips, crushed
Directions:
  1. Chop, slice and shred all of the veggies and cheese.  Divide into four bowls.
  2. Heat a non-stick skillet.  Toss chicken, BBQ sauce and Frank's in the pan until heated through.
  3. Top salad with the chicken and ranch dressing.  Tortilla chips add a bit of crunch too, if you can spare the calories.
  4. Mix it alllllll up and NOMNONNOM



No comments:

Post a Comment