This is recipe is definitely a keeper. My husband loved it too and this says a lot, as he was formerly part of the "you don't make friends with salad" camp.
|P.S. I seriously need to STOP taking photos with my broken phone!|
- 2 heads/stalks of romain lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 c. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 3 green onion stalks, chopped
- 4 oz lite havarti (or jack), shredded
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped (or cook and shred your own breasts)
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 4-8 tbps of ranch (depends how ranchy you like it)
- Optional: tortilla chips, crushed
- Chop, slice and shred all of the veggies and cheese. Divide into four bowls.
- Heat a non-stick skillet. Toss chicken, BBQ sauce and Frank's in the pan until heated through.
- Top salad with the chicken and ranch dressing. Tortilla chips add a bit of crunch too, if you can spare the calories.
- Mix it alllllll up and NOMNONNOM