One little tip is to make the burgers the night before and to chill them in the fridge before BBQing. They tend to be a bit on the crumbly side and they firm up a bit in the fridge.
Makes: 5 x 5oz burgers
- 1lb lean ground lamb
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 c. baby bella (or regular) mushrooms, minced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 c. panko (or bread crumbs)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- Salt & Pepper
- In a skillet with a little EVOO, saute the onion and mushrooms until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Mix all the burger ingredients up in a bowl. WITH YOUR HANDS.
- Form into patties. Mine were 5 oz. And because I am anal, I used my food scale to ensure equality.
- Red onion
- Red pepper
- Roasted pepper pecan spread
- Goat cheese