Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Dijon Chicken Thighs

I am trying to keep up with my promise to start cooking the things I am Pinning on my Pinterest recipes board.  I have had this recipe on my "to-do" list for a while now and just picked up a big pack of thighs at Costco.   If you are eating these bad boys with either rice or potatoes, the sauce makes a great "gravy".  I can see why the original recipe author called this dish "Man Pleasing Chicken", my husband loved them too!!  I served them with roasted carrots and garlic and herb mashed potatoes.



Ingredients:
  • Chicken thighs (I used 6, you might need a little more sauce for 8, especially if you like your meat saucey like I do!)
  • 1/2 c. dijon mustard
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp crushed garlic
  • 1 tsp rosemary
  • salt & pepper
Directions:
  1. Mix up the sauce ingredients (mustard to salt & peppers).
  2. Spread the thighs out in a baking dish and cover with the sauce.  Marrinate over night or for the day, if possible, but they are OK cooked right away too!
  3. Heat the oven to 450 F.  Bake for 30-40 minutes, basting twice during cooking time, until thighs are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment